Facility Operations Assistant
Posted on 09/22/2020Prestonwood Christian Academy - Plano, TX 75093
Negotiable per year Full Time
Mission: To assist Christian parents by helping equip students to embrace Biblical truths, strive for academic excellence, and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches, and communities for Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily delivery of mail and packages for both lower and upper school. Assist the mail room with sorting PCA mail from the Church for delivery
- Maintain a clean, attractive appearance of building and grounds
- Minor repairs and preventive maintenance in all buildings. This includes but is not limited to locks, doors, cabinet hardware, computer keyboards, desks, and chairs
- Plan for and perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Complete and maintain maintenance work orders and equipment logs
- Keep Director of Facilities informed of any potential problems, building damage, security issues and/or safety hazards, and in case of emergency take appropriate action
- Coordinate set ups and tear downs as needed in support of event setup staff.
- Maintain classrooms during summer months, assisting with general repairs, painting, adding equipment, delivery of books or materials, cleaning floors, and other repairs or maintenance as needed
· Respond in a timely manner to facilities’ needs requiring immediate attention
- Program HVAC and lighting systems in accordance with school activities
- Troubleshooting of HVAC systems and perform repairs that do not require the use of a contractor and communicate to the Director of Facilities when a contractor is needed.
- Misc. other tasks as needed
- Drive a 24-passenger shuttle bus over designated routes in accordance with specified time schedules and in accordance with the regulations and laws related to pupil transportation; transport students to and from school between Prosper and Plano campus; transport students and teachers on athletic and educational field trips as needed
- Pick up and discharge students at established school bus stops; report incidents which affect the safety of students and the operation of the school bus
- Maintain the school bus in a safe operating condition through prescribed daily vehicle inspections, report mechanical defects and malfunctions to appropriate personnel
- Maintain the school bus in clean condition, including interior windows, seats, dash area and floors
- Maintain student order and discipline on school buses; discipline disruptive children according to established procedures and guidelines; cite students for behavior infractions; communicate behavior issues as required by school policy
- Maintain current knowledge of school bus emergency evacuation procedures and techniques
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 – 5 years of relevant building maintenance experience
- An understanding of HVAC systems including how they work and how to diagnose mechanical problems
- Valid state school bus license – Class B CDL with a passenger endorsement or willingness to acquire within 3 months accepting position.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions
- Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials weighing between 20 to 50 pounds; may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials weighing up to 100 pounds
- Tasks are regularly performed with potential exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as strong odors, fumes, dusts, wetness, humidity, machinery, vibrations, temperature and noise extremes, disease and pathogenic substances
- Use of power tools and equipment on a regular basis should be expected. Their safe operation is critical to workplace safety.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position with full time level of benefits including paid employee insurance, tuition discount and retirement plans. Hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday between 8 – 10-hour days, Some weekends or evening hours necessary during the Fall home football games and in emergency situations.
Travel between campus’s required in personal vehicle.
Please login to apply for this job.