Posted on 11/11/2020Christ Church of Plano - Plano, TX 75024
Christ Church Plano exists to invite ordinary people to know Jesus Christ and to become like Him for the sake of the world.
Position Summary: This position is an integral part of the Operations Team providing support in multiple areas and ensuring successful ministry events. As Technician, this person is responsible for maintenance and repairs of church campus buildings and vehicles with specific emphasis on HVAC equipment. This position also supports events through facilities preparation and ongoing availability. In addition, this person will provide minimal janitorial functions as needed during events and worship.
· Routine preventative maintenance (e.g., filter replacement, HVAC service, oil changes).
· Basic carpentry, dry wall, painting and light construction projects.
· Perform light electrical, replace light bulbs & ballasts and voice/data cabling install and repair.
· Finishing tasks (e.g., minor repairs to floor tile, ceiling tile, furniture and drywall).
· Service doors, partitions, and other moving elements.
· Provide periodic cleaning and oversight of all HVAC equipment and components, work with service contractor to ensure repairs are completed in a professional and timely manner while maintaining inventory of commonly needed parts.
· Maintain church-owned vehicles to ensure in they are in safe operating order and current on registration.
· Performs basic pest control tasks as required.
· In coordination with the Director of Facilities, maintain records for all maintenance and repair activity.
· Act as first alternate to Director of Facilities as emergency contact and for construction oversight.
· Setup rooms and outdoor spaces to support events and daily operations. Move office furniture and other furnishings as required.
· Clean up meeting rooms after events as needed.
· Make refreshments as preparation for events and weekend worship services.
· Perform campus open and close based on work schedule.
· Conducts routine inspections of buildings and grounds to spot and report any safety hazard or needed repairs.
· Maintain kitchen, coffee bar, laundry, and dumpster areas in clean and tidy conditions.
· Order or procure paper goods, hospitality supplies, maintenance materials and janitorial supplies.
· Organize and maintains campus storage areas for furniture, supplies and equipment.
· Perform infrequent cleaning tasks such as power washing walks and walls, doormats, washing windows.
· Provide janitorial support during worship.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED; Related vocational training preferred
- Valid TX driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening prior to employment
- Experience with maintenance and repair of commercial facilities including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
- Experience performing maintenance and minor repairs on both split and package HVAC systems
- Computer literacy in basic programs (MS Office) and willingness to learn specific systems
- Physically able to safely erect and climb ladders, lift, push and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance as well as perform physical labor in non-air conditioned spaces
- Well organized and detail oriented; strong time management skills
- Customer service oriented and ability to work individually as well as within a team environment
Expected work days/hours:
· Full time: 8am-3:30pm Monday – Wednesday, 8am-4pm Thursday and 7am-1pm & 3:30pm – 7pm Sunday, with ability and willingness to work flexible hours and shifts when necessary (schedule varies with holidays, vacation relief, and special events)
· Carry and monitor church cell phone to cover calls for ministry related events
Please login to apply for this job.