Social Media Specialist
Posted on 09/09/2022East-West - Plano, TX 75075
As a means for mobilizing the global Church to participate in the Great Commission, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for managing East-West’s social media channels by creating content and consistently engaging with our online audience as the voice of the organization. Additionally, the Specialist will set up and manage advertising on East-West’s social media channels and moderate select closed groups on the organization’s Facebook page. This role will work closely with the Copywriter and Filmmaker and Production Manager to post videos to various social channels.
Key Job Logistics:
● Reports To: Copywriter and Social Media Coordinator
● Position Location: Hybrid (Plano, TX Headquarters/Remote)
● This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week
A Day in the Life of the Social Media Specialist:
Social Media Management
● Create and manage content and engage with the audience on East-West’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
● Collaborate with Filmmaker and Production Manager to create content for YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram Reels.
Social Media Strategy
● Track and report analytics on social channels and adjust posting strategy as needed
● Participate in strategy meetings with the Marketing team and other departments as needed
● Follow industry trends and monitor changes to social channels, adapting practices as needed
● Research and experiment new ways to increase audience engagement and followers
● Brainstorm and implement engagement strategies for existing/future social channels
Social Media Advertising
● Set up, schedule, and monitor ads on social channels
● Create visuals or video elements for ads
● Write and edit ad copy and captions
● Compile receipts for ads from various departments
The Qualifications for the Social Media Specialist
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within discipline is highly preferred
● 1-2 years minimum experience working in a similar role preferred
● 1-2 years of ministry/nonprofit experience preferred
● Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
● Skilled editor
● Able to work independently
● Willingness to pitch-in to serve all East-West personnel (Philippians 2:3)
● Ability to use tactics that are most effective to fulfill the job requirements
● Committed to growing in knowledge of the Bible and its principles so as to communicate the same things with the East-West audience
Please login to apply for this job.