Posted on 07/21/2022East-West - Plano, TX 75075
The vision of East-West is to glorify God by multiplying followers of Jesus in the spiritually darkest areas of the world. The mission of East-West is to mobilize the Body of Christ to evangelize the lost and equip local believers to multiply disciples and churches among the unreached.
Our team members are passionate about Jesus, grace, bold action, and taking the gospel to the spiritually darkest places. We have one consuming passion—to make God known among every nation, every tribe, every tongue, and every people. We strive to uphold the highest standards of behavior, which include integrity, trustworthiness, theological alignment, a healthy work/life balance, care for others, a servant spirit, competency in difficult conversations, a desire to see results, and diligence, respect, and humility.
All East-West Ministries International employees will:
The Recruitment Specialist will fill staff and volunteer vacancies by executing proactive recruitment strategies for open positions; utilizing innovative online tools, techniques, and traditional recruitment methods to identify qualified candidates; and building a network of like-minded, top-tier talent. This individual will provide management and coordination for various interview processes for East-West teams and opportunities, including support-raised and missionary roles, general funded roles, volunteer opportunities, and internships. Additionally, the Recruitment Specialist will build and maintain a strong knowledge of the hiring requirements for each position, overseas ministry locations, and East-West goals and initiatives. Throughout a candidate’s application process, this individual will conduct interviews, perform reference checks and leadership assessments to assess a candidate’s fit for the position, and work closely with the hiring manager and team to identify key responsibilities and characteristics of the ideal candidate. This position is responsible for playing the part to achieve the bigger mission of East-West and for ensuring that all recruitment efforts are clearly aligned with East-West vision, mission, values, Statement of Faith, and biblical principles.
A Day in the Life of the Recruitment Specialist
- Screening and Interviewing Activities
- Provide guidance and support to hiring managers as they seek to fill open positions.
- Screen employment candidate applications and resumes for open positions.
- Conduct phone, video, and in-person interviews with qualified candidates.
- Administer skills assessments and perform reference checks.
- Recruitment Activities
- Create and execute recruitment strategies for open positions.
- Attend local and domestic recruiting events to promote East-West.
- Proactively seek out candidates through various networking, online, and recruiting channels.
- Mission Coaching and Lead Follow-up Activities
- Perform exploratory calls with prospective candidates.
- Utilize texting, email, phone calls, and in-person meetings to cultivate relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, communication, or relevant field, highly preferred
- Three to four years minimum experience working in a similar role, preferred
- Two to three years of ministry/nonprofit experience, preferred
- Overseas missions experience, highly preferred
- Proven experience managing interview processes and leading hiring teams
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media and professional websites, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Indeed, etc.
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detailed
- Flexibility to quickly respond to changing situations, reprioritizing work as necessary
- Ability to quickly earn the respect of potential candidates, university, seminary, and church leadership
- Ability to cooperate and work with Executive/Senior Leadership Team members
- Exhibits a servant-leader attitude
Please login to apply for this job.