Furniture Repair - Shop Help
Posted on 06/30/2022Furniture Fixology LLC - McKinney, TX 75069
$17-21 hour per hour Contract
Furniture Fixology, LLC is a family owned and operated business in the heart of McKinney, Texas. We have been in the furniture restoration and repair business for over 5 generations with over 150 years of combined experienced in the trade.
Come join our crew of talented and dedicated craftsmen in a casual but busy hands on work enviroment. Your dedication and williness to grow will help expand our business into other areas and give opportunity to grow with us. Our customer base includes Residential, Commercial, Designers, Retailers, Manufacturers, Insurance & Moving companies locally.
The ideal canidate will have a minimum of 2 years in woodworking, furniture repair or refinishing. Handyman or carpentry experience will be considered (non experienced please do not apply). We are looking for someone with a great work ethic and concerned about attention to detail.
The position will primarily be working in our McKinney shop part time and on occasion help our lead tradesman deliver furniture and assist on in home repairs. The repairs will consist of small items such as chairs, small tables, and broken furniture and assisting with stripping and sanding furniture. In certain areas we will train but we need someone with great problem solving skills and the fundamentals needed to get the job completed correctly.
- Repairing of frames, such as securing loose joints, cutting & replacing wood/ rebuilding frames
- Refinishing prep work, proper stripping and sanding technique
- Take apart furniture, re-glue, and make furniture structurally sound
- Parts insulation on executive chair and other furnishings
- Must be able to lift up to 50-100 pounds periodically
- Need basic tools required to complete daily tasks, project specific tools will be provided
- Must be able to safely use all shop repair tools and equipment properly
- Be organized, clean, and maintain supplies to be prepared for all required services
- Assist on occasion with in home repairs and deliveries
- Touch up wood furniture / Case Goods repairs including various techniques such as Burn-Ins, matching grain and color of stain and finish is a plus
- Read & follow work order requests and details on complete work on or before requested delivery dates
- Communicate & work directly with office staff to help assist with customer issues, repair problems, scheduling deadlines and
- work orders as needed
- Provide detailed reports and photos of all completed work on Monday.com as well as additional information as required
- Provide an overall great customer service experience and professional appearance
Please login to apply for this job.