Family Medicine Physician (MD or DO)
Posted on 05/09/2022Hope Clinic of McKinney - McKinney, TX 75069
$60 to $70 per hour Part Time
Hope Clinic of McKinney is a free medical, vision, and behavioral health clinic serving low-income uninsured Collin County families.
We share the love of Christ by partnering with our community to provide quality, compassionate health care by licensed, volunteer doctors and nurses.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Hope Clinic of McKinney is a faith-based, free, primary care clinic for the under-resourced/uninsured in Collin County. We are seeking a temporary, part-time, licensed Family Physician/General Practitioner to cover our physician’s maternity leave from early August 2022 through perhaps December of 2022. This is a paid position. However, because we utilize many volunteer providers, this role could also be covered by a combination of licensed volunteer physicians.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Staff Physician ensures delivery of quality services in a culturally competent manner to all patients. In addition to providing direct patient care, the Staff Physician is the supervising physician for volunteer medical providers and mid-level practitioners. Medical malpractice is covered by the clinic.
Hours per week: 20 to 25 per week; Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
• Provides medical care to Hope Clinic patients
• Participates in Quality Assurance Activities
• Supervises mid-level providers, nurse manager
• Serve as resource to Nurse Manager and Director of Operations in areas relating to clinic operations
• Completes necessary clinical documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with acceptable standards of medical care
• Follows up on all imaging and lab work personally ordered or performed for Hope Clinic patients and ensures all labs and imaging ordered by volunteer providers has appropriate and timely follow up.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams including volunteers to coordinate effective team-based care
• Be available to give monthly medical reports/updates to the Board of Directors
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school; medical resident who is nearing completion or has recently completed their residency may apply
• Board certified or board eligible in either family medicine or internal medicine
• Current medical license in any state with preference for Texas medical license
- Ability to work legally in the US as a permanent resident, not on a temporary work Visa.
• Willingness and desire to treat uninsured, low-income patients
• Agreement with and passion for the vision and mission statement of Hope Clinic, including its priority of being a Christ-focused ministry first and a clinic second
• Proficiency or willingness to learn use of electronic medical record
• Preferred: Proficiency in office-based procedures including colposcopy, endometrial biopsy, skin biopsies, joint injections, and point-of-care ultrasound
• Preferred: experience working with underserved populations
• Preferred: experience serving as a medical director
• Preferred: fluent in English and Spanish
Please login to apply for this job.