Director of HR and Accounting
Posted on 09/14/2021TriTech Software Development Corp - Allen, TX 75002
Our mission is to serve the insurance industry with accurate, timely, and comprehensive premium tax software and services while developing lasting relationships with our customers and employees, and actively working toward improving our community and world.
As a part of the HR/Accounting team, the Director of HR and Accounting will plan and direct the
accounting and investment operations of the company as well as guide HR policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; Analyzes monthly and reports significant variances.
- Ensures timely filing of corporate tax, property, and income filings
- Identify ways to improve efficiency in accounting and reporting procedures
- Performs full cycle accounting, including but not limited to the review of journal entries,
quarterly accruals, and reconciliations
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations. Responsible for researching and driving company investments.
- Evaluate existing financial software, recommend and manage any upgrades, migrations or implementations
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Collaborate with Senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Oversees the administration of human resource programs including but not limited to,
compensation, benefits, investigations, performance management, productivity, recognition, and training and development.
- Conduct research and analyze data to implement programs to boost morale including but not limited to calculating bonus program and salary compensation study.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Manage insurance policies and renewals, as well as 401K/IRA plan and ensures all insurance coverage's including directors and officers, general property, etc. are in place
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting, which include accounts payable, accounts
receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll, and company investments.
- Oversees HR operations to develop and advise on hiring procedures, company policies, and employee management/complaints
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
Qualifications & Skills
- Education and Experience ‐ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
required. Ten years or more of related experience required. Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required
- Must deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
Please login to apply for this job.