Posted on 09/01/2021TriTech Software Development Corp - Allen, TX 75002
Our mission is to serve the insurance industry with accurate, timely, and comprehensive premium tax software and services while developing lasting relationships with our customers and employees, and actively working toward improving our community and world.
Product Manager will lead and manage all aspects of a software development group and associated software applications. Responsibilities include gathering feature requests, effectively planning and scheduling releases, and coordinating activities to deliver products that align with the company’s vision.
Duties and responsibilities
• Understands and articulates the product strategy and direction
• Develops and plans project development standards and goals
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the Municipal department to ensure all projects are meeting defined goals with respect to time, budget, and quality of work
• Facilitates discussions, user story development, and testing and validation
• Contributes to resolutions and decision making
• Reports project progress to senior management in regular, scheduled meetings and at other times as necessary
• Develops/Manages multiple tax software products, including development of local premium tax returns, and supplemental forms to the state premium tax returns
• Researches, analyzes, and implements tax returns changes
• Maintains state specific documentation for tax laws, tax positions, and standards.
• Oversees software deployment to testing, staging, and production environments
• Draws upon customer feedback to drive the software product vision and direction
• Provides leadership in identifying and defining ongoing product features that align with business strategy
• Uses technical and product expertise to prioritize deliverables and manage backlog of requests
• Provides all forms of product support, including phone, email and web support while maintaining a professional and lasting relationship with customers
• Maintains professional and good working relationship with state taxing authorities
• Represents department and provides feedback regarding corporate policies and procedures
• Occasionally represents company at tradeshows and client training sessions
• Other duties as needed or required
Directly supervises 3 to 5 employees in the Municipal department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsible for screening, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; assessing employees for compensation increases; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications & Skills
• Education and Experience - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus 4 years’ relevant work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
• Technical background with knowledge of software development
• Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong collaborative instincts and interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively across technical, product, and business stakeholders
• Strong Analytical and organizational skills
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required
• May deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
Please login to apply for this job.