Ministry Service Representative
Posted on 03/16/2021New Life Ministries - Richardson, TX 75081
$15 to $17 per hour Full Time
New Life Ministries is a nationally recognized, faith-based, broadcasting and counseling non-profit organization providing ministry through radio, TV, our counseling network, workshops, support groups, and numerous written, audio, and video resources. All New Life resources are based on God’s truth and help those who are hurting find and build connections and experience life transformation.
The Ministry Service Representative position involves responding to callers inquiring about NLM’s resources and various issues addressed on the New Life Live radio program and in NLM’s weekend workshops. Candidates should be comfortable requesting information from callers, which may be sensitive in nature, and be comfortable asking callers for donations and promoting programs and products in order to register, refer or connect the caller to the appropriate help resource. Please note: This is a call center intake/customer service position, not a phone counseling position.
· Answer calls in a caring, attentive manner responding with appropriate identification and greeting; maintain control of the call.
· Assess the caller's needs; recommend the best-suited NLM help resource(s); ask for donations; discuss donation options.
· Register participants for NLM workshops, seminars or outpatient programs, with completed documentation entered in the database system.
· Ensure all data and documentation entered in NLM’s database system is accurate, timely, clear and complete.
· Meet or exceed sales productivity, punctuality, attendance, and performance goals.
· Manage callbacks and call lists in an orderly manner; schedule timely, appropriate follow ups; meet deadlines when given.
· Follow-up with alumni of programs to check on progress and help to address any other needs.
· Be willing and able to pray with callers in a manner consistent with the NLM Statement of Faith.
· Carefully follow departmental policy and regional regulations to report suspected child abuse or neglect.
· Participate in scheduled and unscheduled meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum Associates Degree; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
· Minimum two years’ successful Call Center phone sales experience.
· This position is located in a business office setting; however, when faced with extreme circumstances, NLM may require this position to be carried out, temporarily, from a private home office setting. Therefore, to maintain privacy and the integrity of NLM calls, additional qualifications include:
- Ability to temporarily work from a private home office setting in a controlled environment.
- Updated personal PC or Mac (no Chromebook or tablets) with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel, and PDF Reader software installed.
- Reliable, password-protected home WiFi connection with high-speed internet (minimum15 mb/s download speed) required.
- Working USB headset.
· Demonstrates ‘big picture’ thinking; effective problem-solving techniques; and an enthusiastic approach to meeting or exceeding goals.
· Proficient in reading and speaking English clearly and distinctly, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
· Proficient in English writing skills using correct formatting, sentence structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· Self-motivated with strong discretionary, multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively and calmly with a diverse, and often struggling and hurting, population of individuals.
· Ability to establish rapport with and gain the trust of callers by listening perceptively, conveying compassion, and setting healthy boundaries.
· Ability to quickly identify and respond to acute problem situations requiring immediate coordination of available help resources.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook, with excellent data entry/keyboarding skills.
· Willing and able to occasionally attend and/or travel to NLM events as requested in advance by NLM.
· Flexible to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
· Ability to sit, use a phone headset, and perform data entry tasks for extended periods of time.
· Consistent attendance and punctuality.
· Due to the nature of the help calls received and information collected and processed in NLM’s Resource Center, NLM will request and review information related to prior criminal convictions for felony or serious misdemeanor crimes that could compromise the applicant’s ability to collect and process sensitive, confidential, personal and financial information, and that could create additional safety and liability concerns for NLM, its constituents, and business associates.
As a non-profit religious organization, New Life Ministries’ services, communications, donors and community are Christian-based; callers are primarily Christians seeking help which may involve prayer, scripture reference and other faith-related communication. In addition, all NLM employees have direct communication with NLM’s Christian-based donor support community. Therefore, it is imperative all New Life employees agree with, and are able to work in accordance with NLM’s Statement of Faith, which is available for viewing at newlife.com (click on the “About New Life” link near the bottom of the webpage and then scroll down and select "Statement of Faith”).
Please login to apply for this job.