Call Center Customer Service Representative
Posted on 04/29/2021Lawton Group - McKinney, TX 75070
$13-16 per hour Full Time
At The Lawton Group, we know that the right way is the only way. We understand the means and methods necessary to accomplish projects in accordance with government standards. We have an excellent field crew experienced in quality control and safety.
Provide exceptional customer service, with a high level of attention to detail, and compassion for the customer’s needs. The ideal candidate possesses a high level of attention to detail, ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills. This position is the primary communicator with our customers and technicians and requires commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to work well in a team environment. Superior communication skills and a positive, go above and beyond, friendly attitude are critical to success in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interact with customers and technicians, provide information in response to inquiries about service offerings and resolve customer complaints. Additional duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken
- Resolve customer service complaints by referring and assigning to the Task Manager for call back
- Complete booking forms, prepare change of address records and issue service order requests using computers
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
- Determine charges for requested services, quote trip charges and arrange for billing
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them that the plumbers in route
- Solicit sales of new or additional services or product offerings
- Review claim adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective and approve or disapprove dealer claims
- Recommend improvements in products, service, or membership to prevent future problems
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to accurately process transactions
- Additional duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Education, Experience, Knowledge:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One (1) year of previous call center, customer service, or dispatch experience preferred.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Ability to listen, hear and speak clearly over the phone or headset and focus at close distances to computer monitor
· Forty (40) hours per week with the ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime opportunities including (day/evening/weekend/holiday) as needed.
· Availability to work nights and weekends.
This is a full-time non-exempt position that is eligible for overtime.
- Eligibility for health, vision and dental coverage, 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts, subject to plan terms
- Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability and long-term care, subject to applicable waiting periods
- Paid time off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis after 90 days of employment
- Company-paid holidays
- Use of a company vehicle and fuel card
- Participate in the bonus plan
Please login to apply for this job.