Posted on 01/11/2021New Life Ministries - Richardson, TX 75081
$17 to $19 based on experience per hour Full Time
New Life Ministries is a nationally recognized, faith-based, broadcasting and counseling non-profit organization providing ministry through radio, TV, our counseling network, workshops, support groups, and numerous written, audio, and video resources. All New Life resources are based on God’s truth and help those who are hurting find and build connections and experience life transformation.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Staff Accountant provides accounting support to the Director of Finance with a heavy emphasis on the maintenance and accurate processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Daily run reports and balance revenue batch close and aging reports, review and forward to Director of Finance.
- Review, correct and process (post) daily batch journal entries.
- Open daily mail and stamp received; record incoming checks, scan deposits to bank.
- Review and verify invoices, check requests and expense reports for appropriate documentation and approval; research and resolve discrepancies and issues.
- Write up distribution sheets and enter invoice batches in Great Plains AP in a timely manner.
- Monthly, reconcile, write up and enter the radio airtime charges.
- Monthly collection and reconciliation of expense reports and required backup from staff.
- Prepare and perform check runs; obtain proper signatures; prepare for mailing, filing and reporting.
- Collect, confirm and process invoices and payments for contract professionals, prepare and issue checks according to schedule.
- Process month-end closing after all entries are made to Great Plains. Assist with GL month-end close, as needed.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements to NLM records, research and correct discrepancies. Correspond with vendors, as needed.
- Maintain accounts payable reports, vendor files and other accounting records.
- Perform year-end close process for Accounts Payable.
- Maintain the monthly processing for coaching groups, incoming payment batches from participants and outgoing payment batches due to the professionals.
- Perform upload of recurring donation payment files into banking system.
- Prepare invoices for accounts receivable; track payments received, monitor balances and follow-up for collection.
- Assist Finance with quarterly balance sheet sub-ledger updating.
- Manage the office petty cash box and audit quarterly.
- Annually review, verify and issue 1099 forms by the end of January, and the 1096 form by the end of February.
- Assist Finance in preparing for annual audit; interact with auditors to provide information and documentation.
- Maintain and process state charitable organization filings due annually.
- Assist with periodic physical inventory counts in the warehouse.
- Daily trip to post office to retrieve PO Box mail.
- Place supply orders for office and kitchen supplies when needed.
- Miscellaneous administrative-support tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Accounting or business-related degree; bachelor’s preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, relevant accounting software, and general accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software a plus.
- Proficient use of computers, the Internet, and Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Excel.
- Accurate and proficient numeric keyboarding, data entry and data management skills.
- Able to analyze data, identify specific changes and communicate the information in a summarized format.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and skilled at organizing multiple priorities and tasks to meet process deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and retention of pertinent information.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to efficiently and calmly manage account-related communications with vendors, constituents and NLM staff.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Must have a reliable and fully insured automobile and a valid driver’s license.
New Life Ministries is a faith-based organization. As a 501c3 non-profit religious organization, New Life Ministries’ services, communications, and community are Christian-based. All NLM employees have direct communication with NLM’s Christian-based donor support community. Therefore, it is essential all New Life employees agree with, and are able to work in accordance with NLM’s Statement of Faith.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job the Staff Accountant is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, and use a 10-key calculator, computer keyboard, mouse and monitor for extended periods of time. The Staff Accountant performs filing and record retention duties that may involve lifting and moving file boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
NLM’s Core Values, Connection –Truth – Transformation, are at the heart of the relationship between NLM, its employees and the public. To develop and encourage connection, understanding, performance and growth, NLM may require employees to: Attend, observe or work at NLM events, and attend professional development workshops; read or listen to NLM resources and professional development materials; and connect with NLM’s community of listeners, donors and participants through verbal and written communications (e.g., donor thank-you calls and correspondence).
Please login to apply for this job.