Insurance Business Systems Analyst
Posted on 09/13/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
Purpose: The Insurance Business Systems Analyst serves as an analyst of complex business systems and a liaison between end users and system developers and a manager of essential business projects for the Insurance department. The technical analyst supports the goals of the organization by providing support and management over the technical aspects of key strategic initiatives. The analyst also uses knowledge of technology and systems to contribute to the building of solutions that are cost effective, efficient, scalable, and reliable.
What you will do:
- Serves as the day to day contact for the insurance line technology platforms. This includes the billing and eligibility system, web applications, and internal/external interfaces.
- Develop test plans for hardware or software changes, system integrity tests and other general testing needs. Execute independent user testing as well as coordinating testing efforts involving multiple users, at times from multiple departments.
- Serve on or manage independent projects for new business products, enhancements of current products and changes to business processing systems.
- Support system users with technical questions and needs, actively seeking improved operating efficiencies and controls.
- Create, modify and maintain data queries and reports for internal and external customers.
- Execute scheduled tasks to support the insurance line of business.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Insurance industry concepts and terminology.
- Understanding of relational database concepts and the ability to assimilate information from different systems for reporting purposes, and write production quality SQL.
- Confident use of enterprise tooling for automated testing, version control, and configuration management.
- Ability to research new methodologies for department processing improvement recommendations.
- Project management skills.
- Highly adaptable to changing priorities, responsibilities and projects.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) for internal and external communication.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and computer skills required including proficient knowledge of standard software applications: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, MS Power Automate, and GuideStone software applications.
Please login to apply for this job.