Senior Compliance Manager, Mutual Funds
Posted on 09/11/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Senior Compliance Manager, Mutual Funds (“Senior Manager”) will report to the Managing Director, Compliance and Legal, and will be directly responsible (under the supervision of the Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”)) for the compliance and operational due diligence (“ODD”) programs of GuideStone Capital Management, LLC (“GSCM”), registered investment adviser to GuideStone Funds.
What will you do:
- Conducting desk-based compliance and ODD reviews of prospective and current sub-advisers to mitigate compliance, reputational and operational risk
- Performing desk-based compliance and ODD reviews of service providers (including distributor, transfer agent, accounting agent and administrator) to ensure both that expected service level requirements are met and that their compliance policies and procedures are adequate and effective in their operation
- Conducting both on-site and virtual due diligence meetings with sub-advisers and service providers
- Supervising compliance analysts as they assist with the due diligence and oversight of sub-advisers and service providers
- Maintaining best practices in order to enhance and apply a risk-based compliance and ODD framework
- Producing and delivering reporting to the Public Investments Subcommittee of the Investment Management, Allocation and Risk Committee (IMARC)
- Implementing, under the supervision of the CCO, the compliance programs of GSCM and GuideStone Funds, including written policies and procedures designed to prevent violations of the federal securities laws, and other applicable laws and regulations
- Testing, auditing and reviewing written policies and procedures, and designing compliance tests, audits and reviews for compliance analysts to perform
- Overseeing portfolio compliance monitoring for adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
- Training employees on key policies and procedures
- Reviewing, and supervising the review of, marketing materials for compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Monitoring ongoing legal and regulatory developments affecting registered investment advisers and mutual funds
- Preparing materials for, and occasionally attending and presenting at, meetings of the Compliance and Risk Committee, and the Board of Trustees of GuideStone Funds
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree or Juris Doctor (J.D.), preferred
- Compliance and/or Operational Due Diligence Industry Certification, preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in compliance or operational due diligence at a registered investment adviser to registered investment companies
- Sophisticated familiarity with due diligence questionnaires, Form ADV, Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (“Advisers Act”) Rule 206(4)-7 Annual Reviews, SOC 1 reports, and investment adviser compliance manuals and codes of ethics
- Ability to succinctly explain through both written and oral communications sound reasoning for recommendations related to sub-advisers and service providers and best practices
- Thorough understanding of both the mutual fund industry and the laws applicable to mutual funds and their investment advisers, including the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Commodity Exchange Act of 1936, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Highly organized and proactive, able to work independently on multiple projects while maintaining an appropriate level of transparency with management, escalating matters on a timely basis as needed
- Team-oriented attitude with demonstrated leadership potential, including effective speaking skills
- Travel to conduct on-site due diligence interviews, as requested (10-15%)
- Ability to use Microsoft 365 and third-party web-based compliance solutions (e.g., SchwabCT, Smarsh)
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters
Please login to apply for this job.