Agile Business Analyst
Posted on 09/11/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Agile Business Analyst’s purpose is to add value by solving business problems with an agile mindset focused on: Fostering customer collaboration to define customer needs; learning before solving; working on the most important things first; breaking work into small chunks to provide value as fast as possible; timeboxing work; and eliminating waste.
What you will do:
- Be unashamedly business oriented, thinking continuously about what can be done to improve the business.
- Define improvements to business processes.
- Seek new approaches to business problems utilizing technology and new innovations as appropriate.
- Be a leader of continuous improvement.
- Display empathy and understanding to business user’s needs, serving as mediator between parties that have opposing views.
- Anticipate positive and negative impacts throughout the organization regarding proposed solutions.
- Gather, analyze, document and validate the needs (requirements) of business stakeholders by conducting interviews, observation sessions, and work flow/process analysis.
- Communicate periodically with executive management regarding the status of current project initiatives and obtain executive guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives.
- Contribute to the evangelism, advancement, and improvement of Agile practices throughout the entire organization.
- Serve as a team member of scrum teams, but also work independently.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in management, business administration or related field or equivalent work experience.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioners (PMI-ACP) certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience developing solutions and performing work using agile principles.
- Experience visualizing processes and requirements for developer consumption.
- Knowledge and prior use of Azure DevOps kanban boards and/or Leankit preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching and influencing skills across multiple and diverse groups and constituencies.
- Ability to think analytically and objectively, without regard to personal opinion or emotion.
- Ability to think at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Strong consultative, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- A broad knowledge of GuideStone and its lines of business will be an advantage.
Please login to apply for this job.