Senior Investment Advisory Sales Manager
Posted on 11/22/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Senior Investment Advisory Sales Manager will lead the business development and relationship management activities of GuideStone’s institutional investment advisory practice.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to expand the presence of GuideStone Investment Services (GSIS) within the evangelical Christian institutional marketplace (those institutions with more than $25 million of investable assets)
- Act as lead relationship manager for larger clients of GSIS, typically those organizations with more than $100 million in assets under management
- Work in coordination with the portfolio management and operations teams to fulfill the ongoing fiduciary responsibilities of GSIS to its clients
- Meet with client staff and/or Boards of Trustees on a regular basis, and coordinate the participation of portfolio management team members when applicable
- Create an annual strategic plan for each GSIS client focusing on client satisfaction, communication and expansion of assets invested with GuideStone
- Proactively identify potential institutions that fit the profile of GSIS clients, expanding and maintaining a database of these institutions in coordination with CRM team
- Leverage current clients (GSIS, retirement, insurance), centers of influence and contacts in the evangelical Christian market that might introduce targeted institutions to GSIS
- Attend conferences and create relationships with financial officers of targeted prospects
- Meet with financial officers of new prospects to gather information and introduce GSIS
- Create a sales plan for each prospective client to move prospect through process
- Determine need for Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s), when appropriate, work with Legal department to create and work with client to have executed in a timely manner
- Coordinate and attend meetings between prospective client and GSIS representatives from the Investment Services and Portfolio Management teams, as well as other Guidestone representatives that may assist in moving prospective client through sales process
- Regularly produce sales pipeline report in format that can be distributed to appropriate parties within GuideStone detailing latest contacts with prospective clients, expected next steps and dates for next action, as well as ratings, anticipated close dates and asset levels for each prospect
- Lead process to complete RFI requests from prospective clients, including oversight of entire RFI process (including construction of draft answers when not currently in RFI database)
- Coordinate finals presentations to prospective clients’ Boards of Trustees
- Represent the Investments line of business on internal committees and in meetings when requested by the Managing Director – Investment Services
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interest in developing in-depth knowledge or institutional investment advisory services, traditional equity and fixed income markets, and alternatives such as hedge funds, private credit, infrastructure, real estate, private equity and venture capital
- 8+ years’ experience in business development selling institutional services to CEO, CFO or CIO-level individuals, or 4+ years specifically selling institutional investment advisory services to accounts with assets of more than $100 million
- Potential travel up to 40% of the time
- Complete grasp of investment philosophies and processes of GuideStone
- Thorough understanding of various investment vehicles, strategies and terminology, particularly related to GuideStone Funds, private alternative investment vehicles and asset allocation
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders
- Solid analytical skills
- Critical thinking and foresight to see potential problems in advance
- Problem solving capabilities
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters
Please login to apply for this job.