Posted on 01/10/2022Orphan Outreach - Plano, TX 75075
The Controller is responsible for coordinating, administering, and controlling financial operations. Prepares analyzes and interprets financial and budgetary reports. Responsible for all aspects of accounting and the preparation of the financial statements. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
- Performs all accounting functions on a daily basis with the intent of maintaining good internal accounting controls
- Performing all accounting functions including, but not limited to: General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Donations
- Preparing and managing transactions sent internationally
- Maintaining international banking information and understanding related banking restrictions
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and analyze the financial results.
- Establishing and maintaining the Company’s financial policies and procedures by providing operational administrative direction to the accounting, budgeting, tax and insurance functions
- Maintaining the company’s financial structure and coordinating the Company’s relationships and covenants with financial institutions, suppliers, and government agencies
- Reviewing working capital on a regular basis and monitor the company’s cash flow
- Overseeing and coordinates the financial planning, forecasting and budgeting process
- Directing and coordinating the Company’s annual year-end audit and tax return preparation with the independent auditors
- Managing the Company’s business insurance policies
- Manage the organization’s physical infrastructure, physical plant, and system maintenance (phone system, security, cleaning, supplies, etc.).
- Provide oversight to the OO Marketplace to ensure costs are appropriately accumulated and financial records are maintained and updated.
- Assist with event budgets and financials.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Business Operations in order to enhance the ministry of Orphan Outreach.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or Finance preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management, ideally in the nonprofit sector and/or in the international arena.
- Requires experience in the following areas: accounting, audit, and budgeting.
- Requires resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Must be technologically savvy, with an ability to work with IT to develop and implement new processes and systems that increase efficiency.
- Requires excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving
- Must be flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Requires ability to lead others, foster teamwork, relate well to others, and meet people with ease.
- Must exhibit self-confident behaviors, secure with self, and willing to give credit to others.
Please login to apply for this job.