Retirement Account Specialist
Posted on 04/28/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Retirement Account Specialist will provide exceptional customer service to plan sponsors and participants by using sound judgment to analyze, interpret and process an extensive range of inquiries and transactions. The Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with IRS regulations and DOL requirements when administering GuideStone’s employer-sponsored retirement plans. The individual in this position must understand the details of a complex recordkeeping system and multiple software applications needed to maintain the integrity and security of personal and financial data for plan sponsors and participants. The individual will also be responsible for proactively updating printed material for the department based on marketing needs, regulation requirements, or changing environments as well as other administrative tasks.
What you will do:
- Process financial transactions that potentially have a high financial impact and risk for participants, employers, and GuideStone.
- Exhibit strong customer service skills when communicating with plan sponsors and participants.
- Gain proficiency with GuideStone’s recording keeping system, the customer information system and other supporting applications.
- Analyze, research, manage and process transactions over an extensive range of participant and employer requests, maintaining integrity of confidential financial and personal account data.
- Verify that all documentation requirements are met before processing transactions. This includes review of legal documents such as divorce decrees to ensure proper authority exists before transacting business.
- Counsel plan sponsors and participants to resolve issues and provide specific retirement plan financial education.
- Assist Retirement Customer Solutions department with overflow calls as needed, ensuring a seamless customer experience.
- Act as an available and reliable resource for other GuideStone employees and stakeholders.
- Analyze corrective or alternative actions to resolve plan operational failures.
- Ensure quality control by verifying transactions that are processed by peers.
- Update communication material for the department.
- Work closely with Brand Management department to update manuals and communication material. This includes making suggestions related to the appearance or wording of a document.
- Periodic review of department’s procedures, making content suggestions as well as necessary processing updates.
- Collaborate with Legal and Compliance departments to ensure policies and procedures accurately reflect regulations that govern GuideStone’s retirement plan administration.
- Employ strong grammar and business writing techniques when composing, prioritizing and organizing large amounts of information for various applications, communication material and procedures.
- Provide ownership and maintenance for the Retirement Services SharePoint site, for the Retirement Services business recovery documents, letters, forms and for the Retirement Services administration manuals.
- Communicate any changes regarding printed material and procedures that may affect other departments within the organization.
- Be a resource for all areas of GuideStone regarding Retirement Services communication material.
- Responsible for prioritizing and monitoring daily tasks and workflow.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and all other applicable GuideStone applications.
- Ability to understand and interpret multiple plans documents, policies, procedures, legal requirements, and retirement plan concepts.
- Strong analytical skills and independent decision-making ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with plan sponsors and participants.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest standard of customer service, communicate in a professional manner under adverse circumstances, and resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle stress effectively.
- Ability to understand a daily valuation environment (i.e. calculating shares, dividends, capital gains, and earnings).
- Knowledge of GuideStone-specific employer-sponsored retirement plans, IRAs, and personal investments.
- Familiarity with broader employer-sponsored retirement plan industry.
- Ability to complete tasks/projects and research as delegated by management.
- Basic knowledge of tax reporting concerning distributions, cash withdrawals, or loan defaults, as they apply.
- Ability to work comfortably and interact professionally with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates integrity and complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
Please login to apply for this job.