Client Service Advisor
Posted on 04/27/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The main objective of this position is to advise clients, sell GuideStone’s retirement and investment products, and retain assets. This is primarily accomplished via outbound phone calls. Position will team closely with the rest of GuideStone Advisors, the Retirement Solutions Relationship Managers and Customer Solutions to communicate and deliver products and services to GuideStone clients and prospects. Position will support the work of the department by providing strategies and services in a manner that increases the perceived value of GuideStone as the premier provider of financial strategies to those we serve.
What you will do:
- Provide advice and recommendations for current GuideStone participants
- This is mainly done via phone calls but can also include video meetings.
- Develop client relationships and build a strong trust between GuideStone and all clients and prospects.
- Support senior advisors with client inquiries
- Investment transactions, withdrawals, purchases, and exchanges.
- Build financial plans and investment allocation models
- Onboarding new clients
- Handle customer problems, working to effective resolution in a way that strengthens the relationship.
- Facilitate opening new accounts and consolidate external assets.
- Must meet and maintain established performance standards.
- Effectively use the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Prioritize and track workflow and monitor results.
- Assist with reporting and analysis.
- Participate in and comply with all required firm and regulatory elements of the firm’s continuing education plan including the annual compliance meeting.
- Build strong product knowledge of all GuideStone products
- Stay up to date on industry issues and use that information to serve clients.
- As needed, help with scheduling and administrative tasks within the department.
- Participate in special projects and other tasks as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or equivalent work experience.
- Travel up to 10% annually, as needed.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
- Membership in a Southern Baptist Church strongly preferred. Must be sensitive to the ministry and the clients we serve.
- Strong sales, relationship management and effective listening skills with ability to identify client needs and match delivery services to perceived client value.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relationship management or other financial services sales and client delivery experience recommended.
- Two years in a call intensive environment is preferred.
- Experience with a financial planning process and tools preferred.
- Experience working with 403(b) or 401(k) retirement plans; Knowledge of defined contribution plans and defined benefit plans that include: plan provisions, legal requirements and restrictions, documentation requirements, investment funds and allocation choices, contribution limits and retirement benefit options.
- Proven track record of success in mutual fund sales as well as knowledge of procedures, policies, and regulations surrounding the sale of securities.
- Communicate/understand available investment vehicles, investment fund advice, and retirement income gap analysis to a wide range of educational levels.
- Expertise in ministers’ tax issues and rules related to various savings plans/arrangements.
- Must be highly skilled in personal relationship building in order to foster and build a strong trust relationship between GuideStone and all prospects.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and handle high levels of stress in a rapidly changing environment.
- Personal attributes should include creativity, organizational skills, enthusiasm, flexibility, and self-motivation with a strong work ethic.
- Strives to exceed monthly contact and enrollment goals. Must be able to up sell, overcome objections and close sales.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Ability to keep CRM input update to date and utilize reporting functionality.
- Series 6, 63 and 65 (or equivalents)
- CFP preferred
Please login to apply for this job.