Senior Insurance Product Manager
Posted on 03/25/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Senior Insurance Product Manager has responsibility for the product development and management of the insurance product line. This responsibility includes supporting the revenue growth goals by providing best-in-class products and service while minimizing the time to market. The goal of this position is to provide valuable product solutions for customers and the organization by gaining strong understanding of needs and opportunities, performing thorough and efficient analysis of alternatives, and summarizing and effectively communicating alternatives and recommendations to stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain product Line Strategy and Roadmap.
- Understand customer needs and specify market requirements for current and future products by overseeing market research and customer experience tracking efforts.
- Proactively gather feedback from internal stakeholders regarding customer and prospect needs.
- Work with key stakeholders to define desired state for the product line over a 3-5 year timeframe and document product line road maps.
- Work with sales director to develop product sales strategies to grow market share
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Evaluate existing product/service ideas and identify new product/service opportunities based on feedback from stakeholders, industry experience/research and research with customers and prospects.
- Manage the product profit and loss.
- Provide regular updates on product line strategy and product development efforts to key stakeholders.
- Integrate operational units into the product development process.
- Measure and enhance success, competitiveness and profitability of current product suite.
- Manage entire product life cycle.
- Oversee and manage vendor relationships.
- Track customer satisfaction and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate product/service issue resolution across all relevant functions within the organization.
- Assist marketing and sales in defining product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Partner with the Senior Manager of Product Management in the oversight, training and development of other Product Managers and the advancement of the Product Management program
- Communicate with all areas of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree in Product Management or other business discipline preferred
- Certified Product ManagerTM or similar is preferred
- Five years of experience in product management, marketing, and development preferred.
- Five years of experience in industry research preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance plan products and services.
- Strong internal and external research and networking skills.
- Project planning and management skills.
- Strong financial, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of products, services and markets in a particular GuideStone product line (eg. health insurance, other insurance, property and casualty).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team-oriented mindset.
- Project planning and management skills.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Resourcefulness in acquiring industry and competitor information.
- Ability to “anticipate” the needs of the groups being supported (project teams, councils, and executive staff).
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities so that all areas of responsibility receive appropriate and timely attention.
- Understanding of GuideStone strategic planning process and strategic objectives.
- Ability to use industry knowledge and analysis to provide practical solutions that address concrete needs and are sustainable.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Graduate degree (MBA) preferred.
- Travel up to 5% annually.
- Highly proficient PC skills in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
Please login to apply for this job.