Raiser's Edge Database Administrator (Plano, Texas)
Posted on 01/05/2021Orphan Outreach - Plano, TX 75075
Pay is negotiable based on the applicant's experience. per year Full Time
Orphan Outreach is a 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry whose mission is to improve the physical, emotional, educational, and spiritual lives of orphaned and vulnerable children in Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kenya, Latvia, Nepal, Russia, Ukraine and the U.S. Orphan Outreach finds its inspiration in the Bible verse James 1:27
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
The Orphan Outreach (OO) Donor Database Administrator (DBA) is an integral part of the Orphan Outreach team supporting all departments in maintaining data integrity. An effective Donor Database Administrator will manage all processes related to capturing, inputting, organizing, and reporting donor information in the Raiser’s Edge Donor Database. The DBA will ensure that all processes are optimized in order to achieve OO’s strategic goals and assist in building stronger donor relationships. A high degree of efficiency, problem-solving skills, and organization are necessary for the success of this position. In addition, the DBA should be a forward-thinker, effectively implementing strategies and processes that will contribute to the overall success of the Advancement Team.
Maintain Donor Database Integrity and Accuracy
- Manage all processes related to donor records, including capturing, inputting, organizing, and reporting donor constituent information
- Develop policies for entering records and manage the processes and procedures that ensure the accuracy and consistency of all donor records
- Assist support staff in regards to data entry into the Raiser’s Edge database as needed
- Master the Luminate/Omatic data sync and run this process daily, troubleshooting any exceptions that arise during the syncing process
- Maintain a general understanding of how to process gift entries as well as recurring gifts, planned gifts, pledges and pledge payments in accordance with IRS standards and OO’s gift acceptance policy.
- Ensure thank-you letters are mailed each month
- Ensure that Orphan Outreach operates as efficiently as possible while maintaining a high level of donor care.
Reporting and Analysis to measure operational productivity and campaign performance:
Perform analysis of data to support enhanced fundraising, marketing and financial reporting
- Ability to use appropriate tools to provide analysis: SQL tools, MS Excel and CRM Reporting
- Ability to identify key donor trends within the database (increasing donations, lapsing donors, donor retention, etc)
- Ability to analyze marketing campaigns and provide segmentation for improved performance
Ensure protocols are in place to track and measure all OO Initiatives
- Meet with departments to effectively implement protocols and tracking and produce reporting on outcomes
Data Output, Mailing Lists, and Direct Mail Coordination
- Design and implement database queries in response to requests for information providing timely and accurate records, reports, and lists
- Create mailing lists
Technology Support and Training
- Assist in providing tech support, documentation, training and/or re-training for current and new OO staff and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the Raiser’s Edge Donor Database
- Assist in Identifying and implementing business process improvements – recommend system enhancements and processes to improve efficiencies and best practices through automated routines and queries to perform tasks.
- Assist in researching available technologies on an ongoing basis and make recommendations regarding which technologies could benefit Orphan Outreach
- Be an advocate for new and improved automated processes and implementing the best solutions throughout Orphan Outreach
- Maintain Computer inventory.
- Assist with the management of IT Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values.
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be familiar with constituent relationship management (CRM) system; Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and resolve issues/problems
- Must be able to think big picture as well as granularly
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, particularly in translating high-level/technical information to diverse audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all types of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data
- Available for occasional night and weekend events
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Advanced working knowledge of Mac Environment
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
Please login to apply for this job.